We still have room for a few last minute Registrations
2017 Area 10 Conference
Ringing, Reunions and Remembrances
July 7-9, 2017
Oregon State University
Reunite with your ringing family for a weekend of fun and fellowship as we come together to grow as Handbell Musicians through workshops and hours of ringing with Area 10 talent sharing with all of us.
- Brian Tervo will conduct the Willamette and Columbia ringing divisions
- Jason Wells will conduct the Bronze Conference Choir and Massed Ringing
- Handbells Unlimited, Beth Davidson and David Jordan of Portland, will lead a Friday afternoon Workshop Ensemble Sprint! and will play a concert for us Friday evening.
The Alumni Center—LaSells Stewart Center at Oregon State University, Corvallis will be the conference hub. It is a two minute walk to the student dinning facility where our meals will be taken and about a 7 minute walk to student housing at Weatherford Hall, a traditional dorm on the OSU campus.
Our Conference begins Friday July 7 th at 1:00pm with Bronze Conference Choir rehearsals and Workshop tracks. Check the link below for the Friday afternoon Workshop Tracks. On Saturday the workshops will be alternated with the Division ringing rehearsals including a Conducting Master Session taught by Ellie Hodder—see the links below for details.
Area 10 is offering to intermediate/advanced ringers the option of a Bronze Conference Choir instead of the usual workshops/division ringing. Participation is by application, Rehearsals begin Friday and culminate in a concert on Saturday evening.
Our concerts area:
Registration Fee for the 2017 conference is $195/ringer before April 15 th , after April 15 th the fee will be $220/ringer.
The Conference T-Shirt will feature the full color logo—order your shirt when you register: $10 for Youth L-Adult XL or $12 for Adult 2x-4x
“Reunion” special activities will be planned throughout the weekend, to help enliven and jog memories. We invite you to send in pictures (digitalized) for inclusion in a power point slide show loop featuring past Area 10 conferences, Area 10 regional and local events going back as far as your can dig up. The Area will also remember Nancy Hascall.
Corvallis is about an hour drive from Newport on the Oregon Coast; making the 2017
Area 10 Conference a perfect destination for the whole family. Think about vacationing on the Oregon Coast for the week prior to the conference. Then while your family stays on the coast you join the ringing fun on July 7 th and your family joins you on the 9 th for the closing concert. Click for information about the Oregon Coast and Newport.
- Friday Evening: Handbells Unlimited!
- Saturday Evening: Showcase concert featuring: Your handbell choir, ensemble or soloist, The Bell Tree Orchestra, and the Bronze Conference Choir
- Sunday Afternoon: The closing concert featuring all ringing participants in the Massed Choir, Willamette Division Choir, Columbia Division Choir and the Bronze Conference Choir
For One on One Bell Tree Coaching, contact Barbara Brocker directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time on Saturday. There is no additional charge.