The Area 10 Handbell Musicians of America Board of Directors wishes to strongly encourage schools to develop music programs using handchimes or handbells. To support the development of such programs, the Board has established a grant program for schools that wish to begin a handchime program. The specifics of the program are listed below. Schools interested in applying for a grant should complete the accompanying application and return it to the appropriate State Chair.
RESPONSIBILITY OF AREA 10
1. Provide a three octave set of handchimes for one school year to be used in an educational setting.
2. Provide instructions for use of the handchimes.
3. Provide a complete set of teaching materials in good and usable condition with each set.
4. Provide a support network of an experienced ringer or director in the area to assist in the development of a beginning ringing program.
5. Give each participating school or school district a one-year membership in Handbell Musicians of America.
6. Cover the cost of shipping the handchimes and teaching materials to and from the
school in a timely manner.
7. Provide information to the school on the Area 10 lending library and the protocol for using the library.
RESPONSIBILITY OF PARTICIPATING GROUP
1. Include the handchime program as a regular part of the school music program.
2. Replace teaching materials damaged beyond usefulness as determined by the State Chair of the Area 10 Board of Directors.
3. Return the handchimes and teaching materials without delay upon completion of the grant time.
4. Cover the cost of repair or replacement of any damaged handchimes as determined by the state chair of the Area 10 Board of Directors.
1. The teaching materials provided through this grant are not for sale through Area 10 and must be returned to the State Chair in good condition.
2. Photocopying or reproduction of provided materials by any mechanical means without prior approval of copyright holder is strictly forbidden. Such duplication will result in the immediate cancellation of the grant and will require immediate return of the handchimes and teaching materials.
FILING DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: June 1.
PLEASE KEEP COPIES OF BOTH FORMS FOR YOUR RECORDS AND CONTACT
THE APPROPRIATE STATE CHAIR FOR AN ADDRESS.